Visit Us For Your Injections or Surgery
WELCOME OUT OF TOWN PATIENTS
Dr. Nayak is frequently sought out by out of town patients who are interested in traveling to him for surgery. Having surgery with Dr. Nayak requires a significant commitment on the part of the patient. For surgical procedures, including mini lift, incisionless neck lift, brow lift, upper and lower blepharoplasty, and rhinoplasty, patients will need to travel to St. Louis for the initial in-person consultation. However, for those patients interested solely in primary rhinoplasty, and who will be traveling to us from more than 500 miles away, we do offer the option of a virtual consultation without the need to travel to St. Louis until the night before surgery. Below you will find information that describes the typical process leading up to surgery and what is required for our out of town guests.
The first step is to contact us by submitting our online form, or by emailing our Consultation Coordinators directly at: email@example.com. We request that out of town patients submit recent photos that are taken with no flash, in room or natural lighting. Please submit front and profile views – both looking straight ahead, and then also looking down at the toes. For rhinoplasty patients, we also request these same photos, along with a photo of the underside of the nostrils from the base view (taken with your head tilted upwards). We strongly recommend that you enlist the aid of another person to take these photos so the angles and lighting are optimal.
Photos provided will always remain confidential, and are never shared – your privacy is of the utmost importance to us. The only photos and videos shared on our website, and within social media platforms, are from those patients who have given us specific written consent.
THE PHONE CONSULTATION
Our Consultation Coordinators may be reached by phone to assist you with the initial step in our scheduling process – the phone consultation. During this call, they will begin by gathering information regarding your goals with surgery. They will be able to provide a preliminary range of cost, details regarding the procedure(s) you are interested in, initial and long-term healing, and specifics related to the surgery itself. They will also ask questions regarding your health history, and past surgeries and hospitalizations. While phone consults are vital as a starting point, the in-person or virtual consult is always the next step, depending on the procedure. After this call, the consultation with Dr. Nayak may be scheduled.
THE IN-PERSON CONSULTATION
During the in-person consultation you will have an opportunity to meet with and speak to Dr. Nayak. He will want to hear from you exactly what your goals are with surgery. Even though he will already have this information from the initial phone call with the Consultation Coordinator, he feels it is very important to hear you describe your concerns in your own words. After talking with you, Dr. Nayak will examine you and feel the areas you are interested in improving. He will then provide you with a surgical treatment plan based on your needs. Your Consultation Coordinator will then review with you the quote for cost, as well as a checklist detailing how we prepare for surgery, what the day of surgery is like, as well as potential risks and complications.
After the consult, you will be able to secure a surgical date with a deposit to hold the time on the calendar. Your pre-operative visit will take place 2 weeks prior to surgery, and can be handled by phone. All of the necessary paperwork would be emailed to you in advance. You will then be expected to arrive in town the day before your surgery, and the surgery will take place very early the next morning.
THE VIRTUAL CONSULTATION
Virtual consultations are an option only for primary rhinoplasty candidates who will be traveling to us from 500 or more miles away. We cannot offer virtual consultations for those patients interested in revision rhinoplasty or aging face procedures such as the mini lift, incisionless neck lift, brow lift and eyelid surgery, because Dr. Nayak needs to feel and examine your tissues in-person. For the virtual consult you will need to have a Skype account set up, or FaceTime can also be used. After the consult, you will be able to secure a surgical date with a deposit to hold the time on the calendar. Your pre-operative visit will take place 2 weeks prior to surgery, and can be handled by phone. All of the necessary paperwork would be emailed to you in advance. You would then be required to arrive the day before the surgery to meet with us for the first time for the in-person consultation and exam. Your surgery will take place the next morning, and as long as you are able to fly back to St. Louis one week later, you may leave the day after surgery. Otherwise, you will need to stay for the week to have the splint and sutures removed at the one-week follow-up appointment. This appointment is mandatory for all rhinoplasty patients and is non-negotiable. It is also highly recommended that you return for a follow-up visit at the one-month mark. While this appointment is not mandatory, to achieve your best result Dr. Nayak believes this visit is equally important.
CONCIERGE PRESCRIPTION SERVICE
Nayak Plastic Surgery offers an in-house pharmacy service enabling patients to fill all required prescriptions here, at the time of surgery. This convenient service eliminates the need for a trip to your local pharmacy, and typically results in associated savings for our patients. Prescriptions are filled privately, without involving your health insurance, at a cost of $12 each (compare to $10-$40 for typical insurance co-pays for these medications). This service is completely optional, and is also available for our local patients.
Nayak Plastic Surgery has relationships with two local hotels, which are in close proximity to our office. We recommended these options first for those patients who require accommodations during their stay. Both options offer an affiliate rate and are very accomodating for our patients. Of the two options, we generally prefer the Hilton, as it is in much closer proximity to our office. Please mention Nayak Plastic Surgery when booking to ensure special nightly rate.
The Hilton St. Louis Frontenac
1335 S Lindbergh Blvd, Frontenac, MO 63131
Website: The Hilton St. Louis Frontenac
Website: Sonesta Chesterfield
Lambert St. Louis International Airport – AIRPORT CODE = STL
What to do while in St. Louis…
- Go and see a St. Louis Cardinals or St. Louis Blues game, every locals’ favorite pastime. Before game and/or after game, stop in at Ballpark Village to see St. Louis’ newest dining and entertainment district! So many options, including great views of Busch Stadium!
- The St. Louis Zoo and Forest Park – our zoo is FREE and voted one of the BEST in the country! The zoo is located inside Forest Park. The park covers 1,371 acres and is home to not only the zoo, but also the Science Center, History Museum, Art Museum, The Muny, and much more!
- Take a FREE brewery tour at the Anheuser Busch brewery in Soulard. Official home of the King of Beers – Budweiser! The tour includes observing the entire 7-Step Brewing Process, and visit with the famous Clydesdales, featured in many Super Bowl commercials, as well as taking a peek at the brew kettles and beechwood aging cellars. BONUS – complimentary beer tasting at the end! (ages 21+)
- Go up inside the famous St. Louis Arch, the “Gateway to the West”! You will experience beautiful views from America’s tallest man-made monument at 63 stories high!
- Visit the Missouri Botanical Garden, home to 79 acres of lush gardens, landscape architecture, greenhouses and conservatories. The oldest Botanical Garden in the United States!
- In St. Louis (STL as we locals say), we love our toasted ravioli, STL style pizza and frozen custard. The Hill, a quaint St. Louis neighborhood, famous for Italian cuisine, is a perfect spot for casual hangouts and dining. Walk around and snack on delicious toasted ravioli and STL pizza, at one of the many dining establishments. Then top it off with a visit to Ted Drewes for their signature frozen custard.
- Take in the beauty of one of the largest mosaic collections in the western hemisphere, inside the spectacular Cathedral Basilica of St. Louis. Also known for the stunning Angel of Harmony Sculpture, promoting racial harmony.
- Dining in STL – There is no shortage of restaurant choices in our gorgeous city. From casual to upscale, there is something for everyone. Some of our staff’s favorite stops include…. Companion Bakery, Sugo’s Spaghetteria, Dewey’s Pizza, Imo’s Pizza, Southern, Pappy’s Smokehouse, Billy G’s, The Shack, Kreis’ Steakhouse and Thai Kitchen, just to name a few!
- Family time – we have already mentioned some wonderful family activities in this list, but there are a few other fantastic gems to consider visiting:
- The Magic House is an interactive children’s museum perfect for the little ones, using hands-on learning and encouraging experimentation. The Magic House is known as one of the nation’s top children’s museums. It was also ranked by Zagat US as the nation’s #1 attraction based on child appeal
- Grant’s Farm is a Busch family estate that was once owned by Ulysses S. Grant. The property features various animal shows, a petting area for children to feed baby goats, and tram rides through the wildlife preserve.
- The City Museum is a children’s funhouse and architectural marvel made out of unique objects. Various artisans constructed the museum with random items from the city. The museum features salvaged bridges, cranes and two abandoned airplanes!